The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, citing its statutory mission, will be involved in the debate over race-day medication, officials said May 25.
Gov. Steve Beshear has made new appointments to the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, which advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on equine drug-testing and research.
The Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council has adopted a recommended ban on anabolic steroids that is classified as the "toughest in the country" by the panel's chairman.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars