Jay Hickey, who is retiring from his role as president of the American Horse Council, is the 2016 recipient of the organization's prestigious Rolapp Award, which recognizes the late Rich Rolapp, AHC president from 1974-1993.
Dr. Jerry Black was elected chairman of the board of trustees of the American Horse Council, while Jim Gagliano, president and chief operating officer of The Jockey Club, was elected vice chairman.
Jim Shoemake has been elected chairman of the American Horse Council board of trustees, the organization announced July 10.
- By Tom LaMarra
As the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force prepared for its March 12 meeting, some racetrack veterinarians moved closer to forming their own organization.
Most Popular Stories
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- NYRA Bets Now Available in California