Assateague dominated seven fillies and mares in the $200,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), leading all the way en route to her first graded stakes win July 8 at Parx Racing.
Caroline Forgason's homebred Somali Lemonade took a little time to get the 2013 season underway but found success in her second start off the layup, winning the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 2.
One year after finishing a close second to fellow New York-bred Gitchee Goomie in the Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. III), Hessonite is back at Parx for this year's edition of the 1 1/16-mile turf race.
Patsy C. Symons' Gitchie Goomie got her first graded stakes score in the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Parx Racing July 3.
An evenly-matched field of nine older fillies and mares heads postward July 3 in the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), each seeking her first graded stakes score.
An explosive move from Augustin Stable's Spring Season resulted in a three-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap on the turf at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3
- Kentucky Derby: Firing Line to Preakness
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment