The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association has re-elected Dr. J. David Richardson as chairman of its board of trustees, the organization announced Aug. 10.
President-elect said several initiatives are being set for an active board.
Evaluation of listed stakes is in full swing for 2014. read blog
The Breeders' Cup announced July 16 election results for five positions to its board of directors. Bill Oppenheim and Dr. J. David Richardson, are newly elected directors to the board.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, West Region, Kentucky, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
The American Graded Stakes Committee is taking a more realistic approach to implementing a pilot program to ban race-day medication for juvenile graded stakes. It acknowledges regulatory change will take time.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Aug. 10 announced the election of Peter Willmott as chairman of its board of trustees.
Ellis Park will offer higher purses for some Kentucky-bred horses under a plan approved by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund advisory committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup