Longtime owner Clifford Grum, the former publisher of Fortune magazine, died Dec. 19 in Lufkin, Texas.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association has re-elected Dr. J. David Richardson as chairman of its board of trustees, the organization announced Aug. 10.
President-elect said several initiatives are being set for an active board.
Evaluation of listed stakes is in full swing for 2014. read blog
The Breeders' Cup announced July 16 election results for five positions to its board of directors. Bill Oppenheim and Dr. J. David Richardson, are newly elected directors to the board.
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, West Region, Kentucky, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
The American Graded Stakes Committee is taking a more realistic approach to implementing a pilot program to ban race-day medication for juvenile graded stakes. It acknowledges regulatory change will take time.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Aug. 10 announced the election of Peter Willmott as chairman of its board of trustees.
Ellis Park will offer higher purses for some Kentucky-bred horses under a plan approved by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund advisory committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Churchill Downs, Cancer Institute Announce Partnership
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale