Rachel Alexandra returned to Stonestreet Farm March 26, beginning the next stage of her remarkable recuperation following abdominal surgery performed mid-February at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra, the 2009 Horse of the Year, was able to be taken off IV fluids and nutrition Feb. 23 as she continues to recover from foaling complications at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra surgery update with surgeon Dr. Brett Woodie, Dr. Bonnie Barr, and Barbara Banke answering questions from the media regarding Rachel Alexandra at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital. watch video
The use of a treadmill during endoscopic exams is becoming more common and useful.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars