Rachel Alexandra returned to Stonestreet Farm March 26, beginning the next stage of her remarkable recuperation following abdominal surgery performed mid-February at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra, the 2009 Horse of the Year, was able to be taken off IV fluids and nutrition Feb. 23 as she continues to recover from foaling complications at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra surgery update with surgeon Dr. Brett Woodie, Dr. Bonnie Barr, and Barbara Banke answering questions from the media regarding Rachel Alexandra at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital. watch video
Rachel Alexandra and her Curlin colt returned to Stonestreet Farm Jan. 30 after being treated at the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital as a precautionary measure for pain management related to the birth.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades