Rachel Alexandra returned to Stonestreet Farm March 26, beginning the next stage of her remarkable recuperation following abdominal surgery performed mid-February at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra, the 2009 Horse of the Year, was able to be taken off IV fluids and nutrition Feb. 23 as she continues to recover from foaling complications at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Rachel Alexandra surgery update with surgeon Dr. Brett Woodie, Dr. Bonnie Barr, and Barbara Banke answering questions from the media regarding Rachel Alexandra at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital. watch video
Rachel Alexandra and her Curlin colt returned to Stonestreet Farm Jan. 30 after being treated at the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital as a precautionary measure for pain management related to the birth.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal