Colts by Claiborne's War Front and Gainesway's leading sire Tapit led the way as Keeneland September's Book 1 posted significant increases in average and median prices. Sellers are hopeful gains carry into week two.
Ignored by bettors at 18-1, Sea Queen ran down Minorette in the final 70 yards to win the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the Belmont Park inner turf course May 25.
Eric Kronfeld's Nereid has been declared out of the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) after sustaining a minor injury, according to trainer John Shirreffs.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
The most thrilling finish to a major stakes in the U.S. during the July 16 weekend came in the American Oaks, when little more than a length separated five of the six-horse field.
Cambina, narrowly avoiding a collision in mid-stretch, surged between horses in the final strides to finish in a dead-heat for the win with Nereid in a spectacular finish to the $250,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 16.
The Mr. Prospector sire line captured the $300,000 (Australian funds) South Australian Derby and $250,000 Oaks (both Aust-I) in Adelaide, Australia May 15 and 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Count 27 OBS Grads