Colts by Claiborne's War Front and Gainesway's leading sire Tapit led the way as Keeneland September's Book 1 posted significant increases in average and median prices. Sellers are hopeful gains carry into week two.
Ignored by bettors at 18-1, Sea Queen ran down Minorette in the final 70 yards to win the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the Belmont Park inner turf course May 25.
Eric Kronfeld's Nereid has been declared out of the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) after sustaining a minor injury, according to trainer John Shirreffs.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
The most thrilling finish to a major stakes in the U.S. during the July 16 weekend came in the American Oaks, when little more than a length separated five of the six-horse field.
Cambina, narrowly avoiding a collision in mid-stretch, surged between horses in the final strides to finish in a dead-heat for the win with Nereid in a spectacular finish to the $250,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 16.
The Mr. Prospector sire line captured the $300,000 (Australian funds) South Australian Derby and $250,000 Oaks (both Aust-I) in Adelaide, Australia May 15 and 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Nightflower Takes Second Europa
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired