Eric Kronfeld's Nereid has been declared out of the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) after sustaining a minor injury, according to trainer John Shirreffs.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
The most thrilling finish to a major stakes in the U.S. during the July 16 weekend came in the American Oaks, when little more than a length separated five of the six-horse field.
Cambina, narrowly avoiding a collision in mid-stretch, surged between horses in the final strides to finish in a dead-heat for the win with Nereid in a spectacular finish to the $250,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 16.
The Mr. Prospector sire line captured the $300,000 (Australian funds) South Australian Derby and $250,000 Oaks (both Aust-I) in Adelaide, Australia May 15 and 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Arnold Heft Dies at 94
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76