The Downs at Pocono, a Standardbred facility that held Thoroughbred meets in the 1970s, could become the first Pennsylvania racetrack owned by an Indian tribe should regulators approve a $280-million deal between Penn National Gaming Inc. and the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority.
Horsemen stabled at the Downs at Pocono, a harness track near Wilkes-Barre, Pa., saved 22 horses from a fire that almost destroyed an entire barn the morning of April 2. No humans or horses were seriously injured, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present