The Downs at Pocono, a Standardbred facility that held Thoroughbred meets in the 1970s, could become the first Pennsylvania racetrack owned by an Indian tribe should regulators approve a $280-million deal between Penn National Gaming Inc. and the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority.
Horsemen stabled at the Downs at Pocono, a harness track near Wilkes-Barre, Pa., saved 22 horses from a fire that almost destroyed an entire barn the morning of April 2. No humans or horses were seriously injured, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House