The stakes schedule for the Churchill Downs September meet will feature a pair of 2-year-old races moved from the fall meet schedule and a new race for older horses that could serve as a prep for Breeders' Cup.
At Churchill Downs, Edwards will oversee the development and implementation of marketing, branding, and social media strategies for Churchill Downs' live racing meets.
North American racing continues on its road to recovery from the economic downturn as pari-mutuel handle, purses, and race days all posted healthy gains for the month of June, according to Equibase.
Churchill Downs announced March 9 it will increase walk-up general admission prices for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks, but will keep prices unchanged for online and advance sales.
When the popular Downs After Dark nighttime racing program returns to Churchill Downs Friday, June 11, there will be a new twist.
Churchill Downs will install permanent lights and schedule regular nighttime racing programs. The announcement was made Nov. 17 during a news conference at the Louisville racetrack.
Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra was among the horses working at Churchill Downs on the morning of June 15 as horses trained under lights for the first time in the track's 135-year history.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident