General a Rod looks formidable in the Florida Derby, given his track record, post position and trainer confidence.
When you compare their most-recent-race performances and speed figures, the field in the Tampa Bay Derby could not be more competitive on paper.
The Fountain of Youth Stakes is comprised almost entirely of early-pace and stalking types, with a couple of closers looking to narrow the gap late. Let's try to sort them out.
It's February, and that means many of last year's stars are close to making their 2014 debuts. Let's see what's next for over 60 horses trying to make the Kentucky Derby.
Talk about a key race. Cousin Stephen finished behind not only Commissioner but also Top Billing last time out. Now he seeks redemption in the Sam F. Davis Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs.
The Holy Bull Stakes almost always serves as my Kentucky Derby Trail kick-off because it begins the separation of the contenders from the pretenders.
The major Kentucky Derby by Yum! Brands preps are finished, but there's still some good 3-year-old racing out there. Let's take a look at the Grade III Coolmore Lexington Stakes and the Grade III Illinois Derby.
The Kentucky Derby field is close to being set, but more things can and will happen before entries close on May 1. We could see horses now ranked well into the 20's pop up in the field.
The 2013 edition of the grade III Spiral Stakes brings together an interesting mixture of dirt, turf and synthetic track runners that includes shippers and local entries.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism