Philip Mitchell, general manager for Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms at its Banstead Manor Stud, has announced he will be retiring from that position later this year.
Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms has signed a three-year deal to sponsor the Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) and the Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II), both for 2-year-olds.
In response to widespread media speculation Juddmonte Group chief executive Douglas Erskine-Crum issued a statement Dec. 4 saying Prince Khalid Abdullah's worldwide racing and breeding operation is not for sale.
Khalid Abdullah plans to disperse part of his global Juddmonte equine operation, the organization's chief executive confirmed.
Following a record 1,504 scheduled racing fixtures in Britain this year, the number for 2009 is set to fall to 1,477.
Ascot Racecourse announced Feb. 15 that Charles Barnett had been appointed to the position of chief executive.
The world-famous Royal Ascot race meeting, now five days long, will transfer to York racecourse in the North of England, 200 miles away, for either 2005 or 2006.
Jockey Gary Stevens may have been named to a "50 Most Beautiful People" list recently and displayed his considerable riding skill in Friday's Coronation Stakes. But as far a gateman at Royal Ascot's grandstand balcony was concerned, he's just another cheeky American.
In a further sign of the commercialization of racing in the UK, the Queen's racecourse, Ascot, has become a limited company. The move will make it easier for Ascot to raise the £100-million plus needed for the most ambitious grandstand project ever in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Fair Grounds Horses Nearing Release From Quarantine
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Guest Suite’s Class Can Prevail in LeComte Stakes (G3)
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al