Runner-up in last year's Salvator Mile (gr. III), Joseph Sutton's Bradester would not be denied in this year's edition July 5 at Monmouth Park.
After playing second fiddle in his prior two starts, favored Bradester finished on top in the $107,300 Ack Ack Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 6 from Churchill Downs, holding off Carve in a front-running effort by 1 3/4 lengths.
Bradester collared pacesetter Grand Contender mid-stretch and proved best in the drive for the wire to register his first stakes win in the $150,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Disposablepleasure scored her second 2013 straight victory when she kicked clear in upper-stretch and prevailed by an easy 1 1/2 lengths over Brushed by a Star in the April 20 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne.
With his dominating 3 1/2-length allowance score going 1 1/16 miles March 15, War Academy is ready to join the Derby party, according to both Bob Baffert and Mike Smith.
Grade I winner Line of David sired his first reported foals when a colt and filly were born recently in Central Kentucky.
Favored Disposablepleasure overcame a bad stumble at the start and a claim of foul to nose out Wildcat's Smile at the wire in the $200,000 Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Nov. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake