In taking the American Beauty Stakes Jan. 24 at Oaklawn Park, Sugar Shock proved she could be successful sprinting and could return a winner after seven months away from the track.
Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I)-bound fillies Unbridled Forever, Sugar Shock, Aurelia's Belle, and Room Service all posted workouts at Churchill Downs the morning of April 24 in preparation for the "Run for the Lilies."
Iowa-based trainer Doug Anderson isn't a well-known name in the Thoroughbred horse racing game. But when his filly Sugar Shock contests the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), things may change for the small-time conditioner.
Sugar Shock atoned for her disqualification in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) a month earlier with a gate-to-wire win in the $400,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. III) April 5 at Oaklawn Park.
Sugar Shock, who was disqualified from first in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III), moved one step closer to possible redemption in the $400,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. III) with a five-furlong breeze March 30 at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- Marc Ricker Joins Eaton Sales Team