The $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II), which attracted a well-matched field of 12 fillies and mares, promises to help get the Breeders' Cup World Championships program off to a good betting start at Churchill Downs Nov. 6.
Julien Leparoux, the 2009 Eclipse Award winner as America's top jockey who has dominated the standings the past four years at Churchill Downs, will be a busy man next weekend with 12 Breeders' Cup mounts.
Martin Racing Stable and Dan Morgan's Dubai Majesty will try to defend her title in the Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) but will have to face grade I winner Hot Dixie Chick, who is the lone 3-year-old in the sprint.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.