Proving that Zenyatta is far from forgotten, many of her fans arrived at Santa Anita early Sept. 29 in order to see her statue unveiled at noon, an hour before the first race.
A member of Team Zenyatta reveals what went into the decision to send the superstar mare to Bernardini for her first foray into motherhood.
Team Zenyatta, consisting of the individuals who helped 6-year-old Zenyatta become one of the most recognizable sports stars of 2010, will be honored with the Special Eclipse Award.
Zenyatta's California connections were at Lane's End Farm Dec. 20 to see their champion.
- By Steve Haskin
Zenyatta may be retired, but she remains the gift that keeps on giving. Through her memorabilia and "Moneigh" paintings she has contributed to a number of worthy organizations.
- By Steve Haskin
Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel, who had been battling leukemia for most of the year, died peacefully at his home in Pacific Palisades, Calif., early Nov. 16. He was 68.
Jerry and Ann Moss' Zenyatta likely will be the heavy favorite in the $2-million Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I) Oct. 24 at Santa Anita Park. She is undefeated in her career, with an eight-race win steak heading into the World Championships.
The California Horse Racing Board is focusing on increased monitoring of horses shipping in and out of barn areas, executive director Ingrid Fermin told the board's ad hoc security committee during its meeting at Del Mar Aug. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%