Crown Point, runner-up in last year's Pegasus (gr. III), will return to the Meadowlands for the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Friday, opening night of the 2006 Thoroughbred meet.
Allan R. Dragone, former chairman of the New York Racing Association, died Aug. 20 after a lengthy illness.
Fishy Advice dictated the pace under Mario Pino and held his rivals safe through the stretch for a 3 1/4-length win in the $201,500 Caesar Rodney Stakes on a good Delaware Park turf.
The New York Racing Association is "100 percent committed" to race day security barns, but has taken immediate action to address concerns expressed by horsemen at Saratoga Race Course, NYRA president Charles E. Hayward said July 29.
Puglisi Stables' Accurate benefited from a taxing speed duel to tally a come-from-behind neck victory in Sunday's $125,000 Great White Way Division for 2-year-olds colts and gelding, one of four stakes races on the New York Stallion Stakes schedule at Aqueduct.
The racing career of William Bloom's Sharp Performance, who suffered severe soft tissue damage to both front legs in Saturday's Fort Marcy (gr. IIIT) at Aqueduct, is over. The four-year-old son of Kris S. is stabilized and resting in Donk's Belmont Park barn.
William Bloom. John T Behrendt, and Charles K. Marquis' two-time graded stakes winner Sharp Performance suffered career-ending injuries to both his front legs in Saturday's Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Aqueduct.
Sharp Performance, rising to the stakes ranks after winning an allowance and maiden race in consecutive starts, scored a one-length victory Sunday in the $150,000 Lexington Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park.
Robert Spiegel's homebred Ruff rallied from the back of the field of eight 2-year-old fillies to win the $111,300 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) by three lengths Sunday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017