With three weeks left until the Haskell Invitational (gr. I), seven sophomores will attempt to burnish their credentials for the $1 million event at Monmouth Park with a victory in the Long Branch Stakes July 8.
Some of the starters in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will go on to the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) while plans are undetermined for other runners.
It sure felt like summer as several Derby horses schooled this morning and afternoon. read blog
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) contender Done Talking zipped five furlongs in a bullet 1:01 at Laurel Park April 28.
With $300,000 in graded earnings from the Illinois Derby, Done Talking is now virtually guaranteed a starting spot in the Derby should his owners so desire.
Illinois Derby (gr. III) winner Done Talking breezed four furlongs at Laurel Park April 21 in preparation for the $2 million Kentucky Derby (gr. I) in two weeks.
With Sheldon Russell aboard for trainer Hamilton Smith, Skeedattle Stable's Done Talking ran down Morgan's Guerrilla in the final yards to post a 12-1 upset in the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 7 at Hawthorne.
With the exception of Eclipse Award winner Hansen, a large but rather unaccomplished field of 13 has lined up for the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Stalking O'Prado Again rallied gamely in the final furlong to defeat pacesetter Souper Speedy by three-quarters of a length in the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Nov. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel