Grade I winner Rail Trip is headed for retirement at Old Friends farm in Kentucky, owner Samantha Siegel confirmed Jan. 5.
Breeders Maryann and Kevin Donohue are excited to see their grade I winner Rail Trip battle in the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Grade I winner Rail Trip posted his first victory in more than two years when he outlasted a determined John Scott by a half-length in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) July 28 at Del Mar.
Odds-on choice Rail Trip reinforced his position atop of California's handicap division with a facile victory in the $150,000 Californian (gr. II) at Hollywood Park June 12.
Heavy favorite Rail Trip returned from a long layoff in the Mervyn Leroy Handicap (gr. II) May 8 looking strong as ever while posting a decisive 3 1/4-length victory at Hollywood Park.
After coming up short in two previous prep races for the $700,000 TVG/Betfair Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), Rail Trip put it all together when he rolled to victory July 11 at the Inglewood track.
Eaton's Gift seized the lead inside the eighth pole and held off 1-2 favorite Benny the Bull by 1 1/2 lengths in the $350,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) on Summit of Speed day at Calder Race Course July 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park