Grade I winner Rail Trip is headed for retirement at Old Friends farm in Kentucky, owner Samantha Siegel confirmed Jan. 5.
Breeders Maryann and Kevin Donohue are excited to see their grade I winner Rail Trip battle in the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Grade I winner Rail Trip posted his first victory in more than two years when he outlasted a determined John Scott by a half-length in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) July 28 at Del Mar.
Odds-on choice Rail Trip reinforced his position atop of California's handicap division with a facile victory in the $150,000 Californian (gr. II) at Hollywood Park June 12.
Heavy favorite Rail Trip returned from a long layoff in the Mervyn Leroy Handicap (gr. II) May 8 looking strong as ever while posting a decisive 3 1/4-length victory at Hollywood Park.
After coming up short in two previous prep races for the $700,000 TVG/Betfair Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), Rail Trip put it all together when he rolled to victory July 11 at the Inglewood track.
Eaton's Gift seized the lead inside the eighth pole and held off 1-2 favorite Benny the Bull by 1 1/2 lengths in the $350,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) on Summit of Speed day at Calder Race Course July 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping