Memorial Maniac came from off the pace to score his first graded-stakes win in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf (gr. IIIT), the first of four graded stakes on the Arlington Park turf Aug. 21.
Pleasant Hill may have been 20-1 on the morning line for the $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) at muggy Ellis Park Aug. 18, but the bettors weren't having it. The 4-year-old daughter of Pleasant Tap led all the way in her stakes debut at odds of 7-2 to win by one length over High Heels.
Turfway Park closed its 2005 holiday meet Dec. 31 with increases in virtually every category over the same period in 2004, most of them double-digit improvements.
Donamire Farm's Twilight Road won Calder's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) for the second consecutive year, defeating Whos Crying Now by three-quarters of a length. It was 2 1/2 lengths back to Hear No Evil in third.
Donamire Farm's Twilight Road ran down the leaders in late stretch to win the $150,000 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Twilight Road beat Hear No Evil by 5 1/4 lengths and won the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course on Monday.
Twilight Road withstood a challenge from Mountain General in the stretch of Sunday's Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs Sunday and went on to a 2 /2-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Zimmer Relocated to Poplar Creek in Ohio