Starlight Stable and partners' Monba, winner of the 2008 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland, has been retired from racing because of an injury to his left hind leg.
There may have been questions about Octave's winning desire after five consecutive runner-up efforts dating back to last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). But not after the quality filly made it back-to-back grade I victories Saturday in the $300,000 Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Second in each of her last five starts, odds-on choice Octave defeated three rivals while becoming a grade I winner for the first time in the $237,500 Mother Goose for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park Saturday.
Returning from a seven-month layoff, Keyed Entry went gate to wire to defeat four overmatched opponents in Saturday's $100,000 Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III), the first of six graded stakes on the Gulfstream Park program.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Conquest Two Step One to Beat in San Carlos
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- El Kabeir the Colt to Beat in Gotham