Donald A. Adam's Prime Cut will head to New York for a run in the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) following a strong five-furlong work at Churchill Downs on Monday, June 6.
Third in the Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) a year ago, Donald Adam's homebred Indescribable was much the best in the 2009 running of the $100,000 event, as she pulled away in the stretch to win by 2 1/4 lengths April 17 at Keeneland.
Donald Adam's homebred Adriano became a graded stakes winner on a second different surface Aug. 30 in the $501,500 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT), as he rallied with a strong stretch move to get up by a half-length on the Delaware Park turf.
Courtlandt Farm's Adriano, winner of the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park, continued his preparation for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a five-furlong work April 20 at Churchill Downs.
T.D. Vance, a 3-year-old Rahy gelding trained by H. Graham Motion, outlasted Silver Whistle to win the Aug. 8 National Musuem of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga the same day that racing honored its newest Hall of Famers.
Wonder Again will return to Saratoga Saturday to defend her title against a field of nine other top-class fillies and mares in the $500,000 Diana Stakes (gr. IT), formerly the Diana Handicap.
Commendation took charge with an eighth of a mile remaining and drew away to a decisive victory in the $112,800 Bourbon County Stakes Friday at Keeneland.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale got off to an encouraging start in Central Kentucky on Monday, selling more horses and increasing its gross revenue from the previous year while suffering only minor setbacks for its average and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase