Consignor Don Robinson discusses the sale program of Zenyatta's breeder Eric Kronfeld.
Eric Kronfeld, who made his mark in both the music and racing inudstries, died May 15 of cancer in New York. Kronfeld, under his Maverick Productions, bred Zenyatta, one of the most popular racehorses in history.
For awhile it appeared that Eric Kronfeld was snakebit when it came to his grade I stakes-winning mare Nereid. But the mare lit up the bid board at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale, selling for $1.3 million.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association/Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders announced Sept. 28 the results of its election for 2011-12 officers and directors.
University of Kentucky College of Agriculture's Nancy Cox will be one of Kentucky's visionaries and innovators honored at Bluegrass Tomorrow's 20th Anniversary Vision Awards/InnoVision Breakfast Oct. 30 at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington.
During a presentation to members of the horse industry at the Kentucky Horse Park Oct. 20, Kentucky Senate President David Williams and Sen. Damon Thayer, both Republicans, proposed constitutional amendments regarding the future of the state's horse industry.
The Breeders' Cup announced July 1 that 10 individuals are on the ballot for the election of six positions to its board of directors.
Horsemen discussed the tough market at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale during its second session Nov. 4 in Lexington.
- By Esther Marr
The Lexington-Fayette County Planning Commission held a final public hearing before making a decision on the details of the 2006 comprehensive plan. In its current form, the plan excludes the expansion of the Urban Service Area, as well as the "urban reserve" concept.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Illinois Board Approves $500K for Purses