StarLadies Racing, headed by Laurie Wolf and Barbara Lucarelli, have Eskenformoney for the May 1 Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) from their first band of runners. The Eskendereya filly was a $225,000 yearling buy in 2013.
Starlight Racing, owner of Intense Holiday, and Skychai Racing, owner of Harry's Holiday, team up to buy additional Kentucky Derby starter General a Rod less than one week before the race.
A new venture following the Starlight Racing model by Laurie Wolf and Barbara Lucarelli, StarLadies, picked up more yearlings at the Aug. 5-6 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale.
Take the Points, who shipped to California Thursday for Saturday's $200,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III), is a gamble that has already paid off big-time for the colt's breeders Ramiro Salazar and his wife Denise Belcher of Phoenix Farm.
Bloodhorse.com "Talkin' Horses" will offer Thoroughbred industry enthusiasts two engaging chat sessions on Thursday, September 13.
Trainer Todd Pletcher's barn is deep in talent, especially with 2-year-olds. Wednesday afternoon, he used Chagall to occupy favored Magical Ride early and set the table for eventual winner Octave in the $200,000 Adirondack Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for juvenile fillies at 6 1/2 furlongs at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Pletcher Seeking Third Belmont Stakes