Dolphus C. Morrison, breeder and initial owner of 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, died Oct. 26 in Columbia, Mo. after a long illness.
Rachel nation is breathing a little easier June 12 after last year's Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra scored her first win of 2010, drawing away from four overmatched rivals in the $200,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II).
Rachel Alexandra turned in yet another dominating performance in a campaign for the ages when she captured the $1.25 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) on a sloppy track at Monmouth Park Aug. 2.
A sloppy track failed to slow Rachel Alexandra, who outclassed five rivals in the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) March 14.
Rapid Proof, an 8-1 outsider, rallied from last place in a field of 10 2-year-olds to win the $115,000 Hopemont Stakes Friday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered