New York regulators have given final approval to several equine drug rules, including a new system of minimum penalties for repeat drug violators.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission believes Truesdail Laboratories missed seven positives, including a Class I drug, in just 26 days of handling drug tests for the state.
The Ohio State Racing Commission April 30 announced a settlement agreement with trainer Tim Hamm over a 2013 medication positive involving the eventual Ohio horse of the year.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors has recommended withdrawal guidelines and plasma thresholds for a bronchodilator, a muscle relaxant, and four anabolic steroids.
- By Victor Ryan
The Arkansas Racing Commission began testing for erythropoietin antibodies Sunday as part of a series of changes to the state's medication rules.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group