Claims can be voided for additional race-day blood and urine positives for banned substances under a new rule approved July 25 by New York racing regulators.
New York regulators have given final approval to several equine drug rules, including a new system of minimum penalties for repeat drug violators.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission believes Truesdail Laboratories missed seven positives, including a Class I drug, in just 26 days of handling drug tests for the state.
The Ohio State Racing Commission April 30 announced a settlement agreement with trainer Tim Hamm over a 2013 medication positive involving the eventual Ohio horse of the year.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium board of directors has recommended withdrawal guidelines and plasma thresholds for a bronchodilator, a muscle relaxant, and four anabolic steroids.
- By Victor Ryan
The Arkansas Racing Commission began testing for erythropoietin antibodies Sunday as part of a series of changes to the state's medication rules.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose