Easy front-runner Turbo Compressor, ridden expertly by Joe Bravo, put his six rivals to sleep and coasted to victory over Air Support in the $505,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) July 7 at Monmouth Park.
Turbo Compressor proved once again that speed can be dangerous. The 4-year-old Halo's Image ridgeling, who makes it a habit of being in front, got out to a narrow lead in the Colonial Turf Cup and won.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale