John Oxley's Dixie Twist, expertly handled by Gary Boulanger, broke her maiden by a head in the $126,671 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine.
With $300,000 in graded earnings from the Illinois Derby, Done Talking is now virtually guaranteed a starting spot in the Derby should his owners so desire.
Skeedattle Stable's Dixie Talking, a Maryland invader dismissed at 27-1, rallied widest of all Saturday afternoon to take Aqueduct's $109,800 Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Dixie Talking was unraced at the beginning of December and a stakes winner at year's end when she beat seven other Maryland-bred fillies in Thursday's $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship.
With the 2004 season winding to a close this weekend, Marylanders will crown champions for both 2-year-old divisions with eight state-bred fillies having been drawn for Thursday's 1 1/16-mile Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship Stakes at Pimilico.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million