John Oxley's Dixie Twist, expertly handled by Gary Boulanger, broke her maiden by a head in the $126,671 Ontario Debutante Stakes at Woodbine.
With $300,000 in graded earnings from the Illinois Derby, Done Talking is now virtually guaranteed a starting spot in the Derby should his owners so desire.
Skeedattle Stable's Dixie Talking, a Maryland invader dismissed at 27-1, rallied widest of all Saturday afternoon to take Aqueduct's $109,800 Cicada (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Dixie Talking was unraced at the beginning of December and a stakes winner at year's end when she beat seven other Maryland-bred fillies in Thursday's $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship.
With the 2004 season winding to a close this weekend, Marylanders will crown champions for both 2-year-old divisions with eight state-bred fillies having been drawn for Thursday's 1 1/16-mile Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship Stakes at Pimilico.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby