Pleasant Prince, making his first start since the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), is the 6-5 morning line favorite for the $100,000 Ohio Derby (gr. III) at Thistledown July 31.
Paul Pompa Jr.'s D' Funnybone handled a field of 3-year-olds at the same distance and over the same Gulfstream Park strip last month in his season debut, and now the colt is favored to do the same in the $150,000 Swale Stakes
With a spot in the $2-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on the line, an overflow field of 14 was drawn for the $500,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Odds-on choice Dixie Band remained undefeated in three starts when he won the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths at Arlington Park Sept. 5.
Undefeated Dixie Band, winner of the Spectacular Bid Stakes last month and perfect in two starts on the Arlington Park Polytrack, heads a field of seven 2-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky