The American Graded Stakes Committee has reinstated the original grade III status of this year's Pin Oak Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) contested Oct. 24 at Keeneland.
Javier Castellano, waiting for room aboard I Spent It in the stretch, squeezed through on the rail at the furlong mark and cleared off to win the Toyota Saratoga Special Stakes (gr. II) in smashing style Aug. 10 at Saratoga.
Eight teams will compete in the second Horse Farm Soccer Tournament that begins June 23 near Lexington. The event helps support Blue Grass Farms Charities.
Given the results of its two previous auctions this year and the booming market, it's no surprise that OBS closed out the lucrative juvenile sale season with a June record top-priced horse and across-the-board benchmarks.
Maren's Meadow, a dual graded stakes-winning daughter of Meadowlake, and a yearling filly by City Zip are the first six-figure horses during the third session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby