This year Hialeah offered a much different race meet, racing not recognized by the AQHA or reported by Equibase. For many, this meet created chills of concern as Hialeah rolled out a series of races to meet its minimum state racing requirements.
Trainer Jane Cibelli will serve a 60-day suspension and face sanctions from Tampa Bay Downs following the conclusion of an investigation by a Florida regulator.
Calder officials said that starting Feb. 26 their track will not allow horses that ship from Calder to race at Gulfstream Park to re-enter Calder without the prior written approval from Calder's racing secretary.
David J. Roberts left his post at the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering after eight years.
- By Jim Freer
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has ordered jockey Pascacio "Paco" Lopez to serve 27 days of stewards' suspensions, including seven days at Gulfstream Park's 2009 meet that begins Jan. 3.
Shuttered to live racing since 2001, historic Hialeah Park in South Florida could soon lose its operating permit.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes