Trainer John Sadler hopes Tasha's Miracle's route experience can help the filly turn the tables on Million Dollar Run in the $150,000 Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) on Hollywood Park's Cushion Track June 8.
Sweeter Still, winner of the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose in her last start, is the 121-pound high weight in the $175,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park lawn June 7.
In spite of drifting out a couple of paths from mid-stretch to the wire, favored Sweeter Still won the $109,800 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf by a nose over Magical Fantasy. Stewards, following a lengthy inquiry, decided against making a change in the order of finish.
Ariege, racing for the first time on a synthetic track, took the overland route to victory in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), holding off favored Golden Doc A by a half-length March 8.
After giving trainer Barry Abrams his second grade I victory when she captured the Las Virgenes (gr. I) last month, Golden Doc A should be formidable once again in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) on March 8.
Favored Golden Doc A proved her big effort against 2007 Juvenile Filly champion Indian Blessing last time out was no fluke, coming from off the pace to become a grade I winner in the $250,000 Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic