Trainer John Sadler hopes Tasha's Miracle's route experience can help the filly turn the tables on Million Dollar Run in the $150,000 Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) on Hollywood Park's Cushion Track June 8.
Sweeter Still, winner of the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose in her last start, is the 121-pound high weight in the $175,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park lawn June 7.
In spite of drifting out a couple of paths from mid-stretch to the wire, favored Sweeter Still won the $109,800 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf by a nose over Magical Fantasy. Stewards, following a lengthy inquiry, decided against making a change in the order of finish.
Ariege, racing for the first time on a synthetic track, took the overland route to victory in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), holding off favored Golden Doc A by a half-length March 8.
After giving trainer Barry Abrams his second grade I victory when she captured the Las Virgenes (gr. I) last month, Golden Doc A should be formidable once again in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) on March 8.
Favored Golden Doc A proved her big effort against 2007 Juvenile Filly champion Indian Blessing last time out was no fluke, coming from off the pace to become a grade I winner in the $250,000 Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Laurel Adds New High-Definition Infield Board