Claiborne Farm and Adele B. Dilschneider's homebred Departing looms a standout in the $250,000 Delta Mile Stakes that tops the undercard for the Nov. 21 Delta Jackpot card at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel.
Maggi Moss' Delaunay, a winner of more than $1.1 million, ended his streak of second-place finishes in the Iowa Sprint Handicap with a victory in the $125,000 event the evening of June 26 at Prairie Meadows.
Delaunay, winner of 18 races and over $1.1 million in purse money through 52 outings, is 8-5 morning line favorite in the Iowa Sprint Handicap and the most accomplished runner in the Friday, June 26, Prairie Meadows race.
Champion Untapable moved to take charge at the top of the stretch after rating in fourth early and drew clear to win $600,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) April 10 at Oaklawn Park.
Champion Untapable will get another chance at Oaklawn Park and should be sharper in her second start of the season against unlikely rival Gold Medal Dancer in the $600,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) April 10.
Last year's 3-year-old filly champion and Breeders' Cup Distaff winner faces five opponents in 1 1/16-mile test at Oaklawn Park.
Most of the entrants in the field of 10 for the $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 15 at Oaklawn Park are more than familiar with each other.
Grade I winner Hooh Why towers over her foes in terms of accomplishments going into the May 25 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work