Monmouth Park kicked off its 68th season of Thoroughbred racing May 11 with an enthusiastic crowd of 9,636 on hand despite monsoon-like weather. The New Jersey track reported a hefty increase in handle over last year.
Mike Repole's Calibrachoa made it a perfect 4-for-4 over the Aqueduct inner track, as he ran down longshot Diski Dance at the top of the stretch to win the $150,000 Toboggan (gr. III) for the second consecutive year.
Three Triple Crown-nominated hopefuls and a quartet of Maryland-based runners will face off in Laurel Park's $75,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score