Monmouth Park kicked off its 68th season of Thoroughbred racing May 11 with an enthusiastic crowd of 9,636 on hand despite monsoon-like weather. The New Jersey track reported a hefty increase in handle over last year.
Mike Repole's Calibrachoa made it a perfect 4-for-4 over the Aqueduct inner track, as he ran down longshot Diski Dance at the top of the stretch to win the $150,000 Toboggan (gr. III) for the second consecutive year.
Three Triple Crown-nominated hopefuls and a quartet of Maryland-based runners will face off in Laurel Park's $75,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts