Monmouth Park kicked off its 68th season of Thoroughbred racing May 11 with an enthusiastic crowd of 9,636 on hand despite monsoon-like weather. The New Jersey track reported a hefty increase in handle over last year.
Mike Repole's Calibrachoa made it a perfect 4-for-4 over the Aqueduct inner track, as he ran down longshot Diski Dance at the top of the stretch to win the $150,000 Toboggan (gr. III) for the second consecutive year.
Three Triple Crown-nominated hopefuls and a quartet of Maryland-based runners will face off in Laurel Park's $75,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake