Monmouth Park kicked off its 68th season of Thoroughbred racing May 11 with an enthusiastic crowd of 9,636 on hand despite monsoon-like weather. The New Jersey track reported a hefty increase in handle over last year.
Mike Repole's Calibrachoa made it a perfect 4-for-4 over the Aqueduct inner track, as he ran down longshot Diski Dance at the top of the stretch to win the $150,000 Toboggan (gr. III) for the second consecutive year.
Three Triple Crown-nominated hopefuls and a quartet of Maryland-based runners will face off in Laurel Park's $75,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Go Blue Or Go Home Claims Highlander Again
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine