Jockey John Velazquez agreed to pay a $10,000 fine to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to settle the complaint filed against him in the Life At Ten case.
The Yavapai County Fairgrounds' board of trustees has contracted Bill Murphy to be its consulting executive director and Mike Mullaney to be its on-site general manager. The Arizona track slated to open May 28.
Legislation allowing California horsemen to use a portion of the money generated from off-track wagering to help defray spiraling workers' compensation insurance costs has been signed into law by Gov. Gray Davis. It's one of several horse racing-related bills in the state approved this week.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea