Jockey John Velazquez agreed to pay a $10,000 fine to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to settle the complaint filed against him in the Life At Ten case.
The Yavapai County Fairgrounds' board of trustees has contracted Bill Murphy to be its consulting executive director and Mike Mullaney to be its on-site general manager. The Arizona track slated to open May 28.
- By Jack Shinar
Legislation allowing California horsemen to use a portion of the money generated from off-track wagering to help defray spiraling workers' compensation insurance costs has been signed into law by Gov. Gray Davis. It's one of several horse racing-related bills in the state approved this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities