Jockey John Velazquez agreed to pay a $10,000 fine to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to settle the complaint filed against him in the Life At Ten case.
The Yavapai County Fairgrounds' board of trustees has contracted Bill Murphy to be its consulting executive director and Mike Mullaney to be its on-site general manager. The Arizona track slated to open May 28.
- By Jack Shinar
Legislation allowing California horsemen to use a portion of the money generated from off-track wagering to help defray spiraling workers' compensation insurance costs has been signed into law by Gov. Gray Davis. It's one of several horse racing-related bills in the state approved this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins