Jockey John Velazquez agreed to pay a $10,000 fine to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission to settle the complaint filed against him in the Life At Ten case.
The Yavapai County Fairgrounds' board of trustees has contracted Bill Murphy to be its consulting executive director and Mike Mullaney to be its on-site general manager. The Arizona track slated to open May 28.
- By Jack Shinar
Legislation allowing California horsemen to use a portion of the money generated from off-track wagering to help defray spiraling workers' compensation insurance costs has been signed into law by Gov. Gray Davis. It's one of several horse racing-related bills in the state approved this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership