Den's Legacy, taken off the Triple Crown trail by trainer Bob Baffert after a sixth-place finish in the Arkansas Derby (gr. I), should find the company more to his liking in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) June 2.
Flashback and Hear the Ghost, the two favorites for this year's $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 6, drew the inside post positions in a field of nine 3-year-olds.
The Triple Crown season at Santa Anita Park begins Jan. 5 with the Sham Stakes (gr. III) led by Goldencents, recent winner of the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) and runner-up in the Champagne Stakes (gr. I).
Trainer Bob Baffert, long a major player in the CashCall Futurity (gr. I), formerly the Hollywood Futurity, expects to have four entrants in the Dec. 15 renewal.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017