Den's Legacy, taken off the Triple Crown trail by trainer Bob Baffert after a sixth-place finish in the Arkansas Derby (gr. I), should find the company more to his liking in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) June 2.
Flashback and Hear the Ghost, the two favorites for this year's $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 6, drew the inside post positions in a field of nine 3-year-olds.
The Triple Crown season at Santa Anita Park begins Jan. 5 with the Sham Stakes (gr. III) led by Goldencents, recent winner of the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) and runner-up in the Champagne Stakes (gr. I).
Trainer Bob Baffert, long a major player in the CashCall Futurity (gr. I), formerly the Hollywood Futurity, expects to have four entrants in the Dec. 15 renewal.
Son of Scat Daddy's two wins, including the Willard Proctor Memorial Stakes, puts him atop the field for the $150,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III). The six-furlong event goes as the second race July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer