Adele Dilschneider's homebred Apart prevailed in a protracted stretch duel with Colizeo to capture the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Memorial Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico May 21.
Favored Apart got the graded stakes racing at the 2010 Breeders' Cup off to a formfull start when he wore down Demarcation in the stretch to win the $108,600 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score