Adele Dilschneider's homebred Apart prevailed in a protracted stretch duel with Colizeo to capture the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Memorial Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico May 21.
Favored Apart got the graded stakes racing at the 2010 Breeders' Cup off to a formfull start when he wore down Demarcation in the stretch to win the $108,600 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes