Adele Dilschneider's homebred Apart prevailed in a protracted stretch duel with Colizeo to capture the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Memorial Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico May 21.
Favored Apart got the graded stakes racing at the 2010 Breeders' Cup off to a formfull start when he wore down Demarcation in the stretch to win the $108,600 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar