Adele Dilschneider's homebred Apart prevailed in a protracted stretch duel with Colizeo to capture the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Memorial Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico May 21.
Favored Apart got the graded stakes racing at the 2010 Breeders' Cup off to a formfull start when he wore down Demarcation in the stretch to win the $108,600 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic