Smokey Fire wore down stablemate Jungle Wave and pacesetter Fatal Bullet in the long Woodbine stretch to give trainer Sid Attard the first two finishers in the $213,628 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) Aug. 29.
Smokey Fire, making his stakes debut for trainer Sid Attard, took the lead approaching mid-stretch and held off Field Commission for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $159,787 Kennedy Road (Can-III) at Woodbine Nov. 21.
Odds-on choice Ghost Fleet fought off the filly Jenny's So Great by a neck in an all-out stretch duel in Canada's $157,004 Swynford for 2-year-olds Sept. 13, earning his second stakes win over the Woodbine Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'