Smokey Fire wore down stablemate Jungle Wave and pacesetter Fatal Bullet in the long Woodbine stretch to give trainer Sid Attard the first two finishers in the $213,628 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) Aug. 29.
Smokey Fire, making his stakes debut for trainer Sid Attard, took the lead approaching mid-stretch and held off Field Commission for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $159,787 Kennedy Road (Can-III) at Woodbine Nov. 21.
Odds-on choice Ghost Fleet fought off the filly Jenny's So Great by a neck in an all-out stretch duel in Canada's $157,004 Swynford for 2-year-olds Sept. 13, earning his second stakes win over the Woodbine Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Belmont Re-accredited By Safety Alliance
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset