Smokey Fire wore down stablemate Jungle Wave and pacesetter Fatal Bullet in the long Woodbine stretch to give trainer Sid Attard the first two finishers in the $213,628 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) Aug. 29.
Smokey Fire, making his stakes debut for trainer Sid Attard, took the lead approaching mid-stretch and held off Field Commission for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $159,787 Kennedy Road (Can-III) at Woodbine Nov. 21.
Odds-on choice Ghost Fleet fought off the filly Jenny's So Great by a neck in an all-out stretch duel in Canada's $157,004 Swynford for 2-year-olds Sept. 13, earning his second stakes win over the Woodbine Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Single-Day Saratoga Tickets on Sale May 3
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker