Smokey Fire wore down stablemate Jungle Wave and pacesetter Fatal Bullet in the long Woodbine stretch to give trainer Sid Attard the first two finishers in the $213,628 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) Aug. 29.
Smokey Fire, making his stakes debut for trainer Sid Attard, took the lead approaching mid-stretch and held off Field Commission for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $159,787 Kennedy Road (Can-III) at Woodbine Nov. 21.
Odds-on choice Ghost Fleet fought off the filly Jenny's So Great by a neck in an all-out stretch duel in Canada's $157,004 Swynford for 2-year-olds Sept. 13, earning his second stakes win over the Woodbine Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile