Recount led from the gate but had to fight out the finish of the $125,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) with familiar rival Private Prospect for a head-bobbing victory Sept. 6 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Lucky Player outfought stablemate Bold Conquest through the Churchill Downs stretch to win the $115,500 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) and give trainer Steve Asmussen the winning exacta Sept. 6.
After settling in mid-pack early in the Canadian Derby Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 16, Edison took charge at the quarter pole and romped to an eye-widening triumph at Edmonton's Northlands Park.
Edison, 3-year-old son of Bernardini who cost $950,000 last March, graduated in a front-running style on the Gulfstream Park turf in his second maiden special weight start Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation