Recount led from the gate but had to fight out the finish of the $125,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) with familiar rival Private Prospect for a head-bobbing victory Sept. 6 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Lucky Player outfought stablemate Bold Conquest through the Churchill Downs stretch to win the $115,500 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) and give trainer Steve Asmussen the winning exacta Sept. 6.
After settling in mid-pack early in the Canadian Derby Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 16, Edison took charge at the quarter pole and romped to an eye-widening triumph at Edmonton's Northlands Park.
Edison, 3-year-old son of Bernardini who cost $950,000 last March, graduated in a front-running style on the Gulfstream Park turf in his second maiden special weight start Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham