Recount led from the gate but had to fight out the finish of the $125,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) with familiar rival Private Prospect for a head-bobbing victory Sept. 6 at Arlington International Racecourse.
Lucky Player outfought stablemate Bold Conquest through the Churchill Downs stretch to win the $115,500 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) and give trainer Steve Asmussen the winning exacta Sept. 6.
After settling in mid-pack early in the Canadian Derby Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 16, Edison took charge at the quarter pole and romped to an eye-widening triumph at Edmonton's Northlands Park.
Edison, 3-year-old son of Bernardini who cost $950,000 last March, graduated in a front-running style on the Gulfstream Park turf in his second maiden special weight start Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- Belmont Stakes: American Pharoah Arrives
- Buyers Selective On Day 1 of MM Yearling Sale
- Pharoah Fits Profile of Triple Crown Winner
- Five New Additions for TOBA Owners Concierge
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage