Champion juvenile filly She's a Tiger, disqualified from a win in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies in her final start of 2013, makes her first start of the year in the Eight Belles Stakes (gr. III) May 2 Churchill Downs.
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders' Association has announced its 2013 champions. An award presentation and Horse of the Year announcement will take place at the Equine Sales Company of Louisiana May 24.
Designer Soxx, a daughter of Half Ours, sold for the highest price, $75,000, at the Stars of Tomorrow 2-year-olds in training sale March 9 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino and Hotel.
Grade II winner My Conquestadory heads an evenly matched field of 12 juvenile fillies in the Oct. 4 Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. I). The two-turn Polytrack event is the first of nine graded stakes this weekend at Keeneland.
The Breeders Sales Company of Louisiana annual yearling sale has cataloged 202 horses for its Sept. 24 auction, which begins at 11 a.m. CT at the Ike Hamilton Center in West Monroe, La.
Alto Racing's impressive maiden winner Sweet Whiskey now will face a stern test of quality as she takes on eight foes Sept. 1 in the 122nd running of the $300,000 Spinaway (gr. I).
Designer Legs, a Louisiana-bred filly who cost $10,000 at auction and began her career in the upper Midwest, shipped into Saratoga Race Course and emerged with a grade II victory to her credit in the Adirondack Stakes.
Clarence Scharbauer Jr.'s talented Fiftyshadesofgold makes her graded stakes debut Aug. 11 at Saratoga Race Course, one of seven fillies entered for the $200,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death