The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
The June weanling and Thoroughbred sale ended in Australia on Wednesday with record gross revenue of $5,853,750 (approximately $3,346,062 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap