The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
The June weanling and Thoroughbred sale ended in Australia on Wednesday with record gross revenue of $5,853,750 (approximately $3,346,062 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded