The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
The June weanling and Thoroughbred sale ended in Australia on Wednesday with record gross revenue of $5,853,750 (approximately $3,346,062 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Remembering City Zip and His Epic Hopeful
- Can'thelpbelieving, Dragon Bay Duel in Nijinsky Stakes
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale