The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
The June weanling and Thoroughbred sale ended in Australia on Wednesday with record gross revenue of $5,853,750 (approximately $3,346,062 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 414 Bedford Land
- Untapable to Face Males in Haskell
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes