The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
The June weanling and Thoroughbred sale ended in Australia on Wednesday with record gross revenue of $5,853,750 (approximately $3,346,062 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud