Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Sidney's Candy continued to show his affinity for Churchill Downs when he zipped six furlongs in 1:11 3/5 at Churchill Downs on the morning of Saturday, April 24.
Sunday morning's heavy downpour subsided just in time for James McIngvale's Wimbledon to work shortly after the renovation break with regular exercise rider Dana Barnes aboard. The big gray son of Wild Rush posted a bullet five furlongs in :59 2/5 over a sloppy main track at Churchill Downs.
Friends Lake, who has not started since winning the Florida Derby (gr. I) on March 13, worked five furlongs in 1:03 during heavy rain at Churchill Downs Sunday morning. Light rain started falling around 5:30 a.m., and the heavens opened up just after 6, rendering the track surface, already heavy with water from rains earlier in the week, to slop.
Trainer Todd Pletcher worked his pair of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls on Sunday morning before an early morning deluge at Churchill Downs. Dogwood Stable's Limehouse was officially clocked in 1:01 for five furlongs, while David Moore's Edgewood Farm's Pollard's Vision was timed going the same distance in 1:00 4/5. Also on the track early was Read the Footnotes.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return
- Status Quo for 2015-16 Florida Racing Dates
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Friday's Islamorada Could Impact Triple Crown