Although a lot can change over the next 11 days, the early forecast for Kentucky Derby Day, May 3, is calling for a high temperature of 63 degrees, with morning showers.
This year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) is fast approaching, but rain could also be on the way for the May 4 event at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
With heavy overnight thunderstorms still producing severe lightning on Derby morning, May 5, at Churchill Downs, the Louisville track canceled the limited training that was scheduled to take place between 6-8 a.m. EDT.
People may anticipating summer-like temperatures this weekend in Louisville, but those planning to attend this year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) had better brace themselves for the strong possibility of rain.
After a cloudy morning, partly cloudy skies and a high temperature around 71 degrees are predicted for Saturday afternoon in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm