Although a lot can change over the next 11 days, the early forecast for Kentucky Derby Day, May 3, is calling for a high temperature of 63 degrees, with morning showers.
This year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) is fast approaching, but rain could also be on the way for the May 4 event at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
With heavy overnight thunderstorms still producing severe lightning on Derby morning, May 5, at Churchill Downs, the Louisville track canceled the limited training that was scheduled to take place between 6-8 a.m. EDT.
People may anticipating summer-like temperatures this weekend in Louisville, but those planning to attend this year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) had better brace themselves for the strong possibility of rain.
After a cloudy morning, partly cloudy skies and a high temperature around 71 degrees are predicted for Saturday afternoon in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Evolution of Racing' Approaches in Lexington
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike