This year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) is fast approaching, but rain could also be on the way for the May 4 event at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
With heavy overnight thunderstorms still producing severe lightning on Derby morning, May 5, at Churchill Downs, the Louisville track canceled the limited training that was scheduled to take place between 6-8 a.m. EDT.
People may anticipating summer-like temperatures this weekend in Louisville, but those planning to attend this year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) had better brace themselves for the strong possibility of rain.
After a cloudy morning, partly cloudy skies and a high temperature around 71 degrees are predicted for Saturday afternoon in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays