Although a lot can change over the next 11 days, the early forecast for Kentucky Derby Day, May 3, is calling for a high temperature of 63 degrees, with morning showers.
This year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) is fast approaching, but rain could also be on the way for the May 4 event at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
With heavy overnight thunderstorms still producing severe lightning on Derby morning, May 5, at Churchill Downs, the Louisville track canceled the limited training that was scheduled to take place between 6-8 a.m. EDT.
People may anticipating summer-like temperatures this weekend in Louisville, but those planning to attend this year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) had better brace themselves for the strong possibility of rain.
After a cloudy morning, partly cloudy skies and a high temperature around 71 degrees are predicted for Saturday afternoon in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding