Churchill Downs has added pop-up and other patron tents and metal poles and stakes to its list of items that cannot be carried by patrons into the track for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks.
- By Tom LaMarra
The city of Louisville, Ky., has made a pitch to the federal government for special security status for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, but the matter remains up in the air. Mayor Dave Armstrong met with Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- Illinois Board Approves $500K for Purses