Churchill Downs has added pop-up and other patron tents and metal poles and stakes to its list of items that cannot be carried by patrons into the track for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks.
- By Tom LaMarra
The city of Louisville, Ky., has made a pitch to the federal government for special security status for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, but the matter remains up in the air. Mayor Dave Armstrong met with Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge last week.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation