Churchill Downs has added pop-up and other patron tents and metal poles and stakes to its list of items that cannot be carried by patrons into the track for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks.
The city of Louisville, Ky., has made a pitch to the federal government for special security status for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, but the matter remains up in the air. Mayor Dave Armstrong met with Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge last week.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold