Churchill Downs has added pop-up and other patron tents and metal poles and stakes to its list of items that cannot be carried by patrons into the track for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks.
The city of Louisville, Ky., has made a pitch to the federal government for special security status for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, but the matter remains up in the air. Mayor Dave Armstrong met with Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Gulfstream Announces Summer Stakes Program
- Stryker Phd Named Washington Horse of Year
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29