Churchill Downs has added pop-up and other patron tents and metal poles and stakes to its list of items that cannot be carried by patrons into the track for this year's Kentucky Derby and Oaks.
- By Tom LaMarra
The city of Louisville, Ky., has made a pitch to the federal government for special security status for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, but the matter remains up in the air. Mayor Dave Armstrong met with Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Portrade Back at Saratoga for A.P. Smithwick
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades