Two-time champion Groupie Doll provided a satisfying conclusion to her stellar career with an eye-catching last-to-first romp in the $200,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 9 at Gulfstream Park.
Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) winner Groupie Doll was scheduled to go to trainer Buff Bradley's farm earlier this week, but will now prep for a possible start in the Nov. 24 Cigar Mile (gr. I) at Aqueduct.
Four months after she wowed the racing world with a track-record victory at Churchill Downs, Groupie Doll returned to action with another impressive effort in winning the $400,600 Presque Isle Downs Masters (gr. II) Sept. 8.
Groupie Doll made it consecutive grade I wins when she dominated the field in track-record time while taking the Humana Distaff Stakes (gr. I) at Churchill Downs May 5.
Groupie Doll, who barely missed in the Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) last fall at Keeneland, broke through in a big way April 12 when she returned to Lexington to win the $300,000 Vinery Madison (gr. I) by three lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Health Zone: Nutrition & Yearling Sales Prep
- Southwest Regional: Big Arm In the Barn
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17