Other than creating an uproar when the 20th horse on the Kentucky Derby earnings list gets left out of the Derby field, Wednesday's Kentucky Derby Challenge Stakes at Kempton looks unlikely to offer much to the Run for the Roses, unless one of four or five horses can come away with an impressive win.
A maximum field of 14 has been entered for the inaugural running of the Kentucky Derby Challenge Stakes at England's Kempton Park racecourse on Wednesday March 18. The race offers an automatic berth in this year's May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) for the winner of the Challenge Stakes.
This week's episode includes a recap of the Gotham, previews of the Rebel, San Felipe, and Louisiana Derby, Rachel Alexandra, Nicanor, and an international report - Deposer.
Zabeel Racing International's highly-touted 2-year-old Reynaldothewizard looks to rebound from a troubled trip in the Saratoga Special (gr. II) when he takes on 10 juveniles in the $500,000 Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 4 on the Keeneland Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent