Los Alamitos Race Course has received approval from the California Horse Racing Board to cancel its scheduled live racing programs during the weekend of Jan. 17-19 in order to complete its expansion to a one-mile oval.
Santa Anita Park has announced that trackman Dennis Moore will take over duties as track superintendent effective immediately.
When the fall racing season begins Sept. 12 at Zia Park, fans will be treated to infield upgrades and horses will race over a completely renovated track.
Hollywood Park, capitalizing on the first summer break in training since Cushion Track was installed in 2006, is renovating the synthetic surface with training scheduled to resume at the Track of Lakes and Flowers in early September.
Ruidoso Downs is rebounding 24 hours after being pounded by seven inches of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Dolly.
California horsemen, who have been nearly unanimous in their praise of the new Hollywood surface in recent weeks of training, continued to give Cushion Track a thumbs up after the first day of racing at the fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License