Los Alamitos Race Course has received approval from the California Horse Racing Board to cancel its scheduled live racing programs during the weekend of Jan. 17-19 in order to complete its expansion to a one-mile oval.
Santa Anita Park has announced that trackman Dennis Moore will take over duties as track superintendent effective immediately.
When the fall racing season begins Sept. 12 at Zia Park, fans will be treated to infield upgrades and horses will race over a completely renovated track.
Hollywood Park, capitalizing on the first summer break in training since Cushion Track was installed in 2006, is renovating the synthetic surface with training scheduled to resume at the Track of Lakes and Flowers in early September.
Ruidoso Downs is rebounding 24 hours after being pounded by seven inches of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Dolly.
California horsemen, who have been nearly unanimous in their praise of the new Hollywood surface in recent weeks of training, continued to give Cushion Track a thumbs up after the first day of racing at the fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel