All eyes will be on Ruidoso Downs' promising new rules to deter cheating. read blog
Dennis Moore, the track superintendent at Santa Anita Park, said Oct. 31 it is "pretty definitive" the Southern California racetrack will get overnight rain.
The newly renovated main track at Santa Anita Park will reopen for training Sept. 2, three weeks before the autumn meet begins.
Santa Anita Park has announced that it's one mile main track will undergo a major renovation beginning July 11 following conclusion of the Southern California facility's first spring stand.
Los Alamitos Race Course has received approval from the California Horse Racing Board to cancel its scheduled live racing programs during the weekend of Jan. 17-19 in order to complete its expansion to a one-mile oval.
Santa Anita Park has announced that trackman Dennis Moore will take over duties as track superintendent effective immediately.
When the fall racing season begins Sept. 12 at Zia Park, fans will be treated to infield upgrades and horses will race over a completely renovated track.
Hollywood Park, capitalizing on the first summer break in training since Cushion Track was installed in 2006, is renovating the synthetic surface with training scheduled to resume at the Track of Lakes and Flowers in early September.
Ruidoso Downs is rebounding 24 hours after being pounded by seven inches of rain from the remnants of Hurricane Dolly.
California horsemen, who have been nearly unanimous in their praise of the new Hollywood surface in recent weeks of training, continued to give Cushion Track a thumbs up after the first day of racing at the fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Interest Level High for Fasig-Tipton Sale