Veteran Jockey Gallyn Mitchell is recuperating from a heart attack suffered Monday, April 22, at his home near Enumclaw, Wash. Mitchell remains at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
Jockey Gallyn Mitchell, who was injured in a spill last week at Turf Paradise, hopes resume riding within a couple weeks, according to his wife/agent Denise Mitchell.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Trainer Mike Mitchell will undergo surgery June 29 to remove a brain tumor that was diagnosed early this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code