Prominent Southern California conditioner Mike Mitchell, who underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor in June 2012, has died at the age of 66.
Veteran Jockey Gallyn Mitchell is recuperating from a heart attack suffered Monday, April 22, at his home near Enumclaw, Wash. Mitchell remains at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
Jockey Gallyn Mitchell, who was injured in a spill last week at Turf Paradise, hopes resume riding within a couple weeks, according to his wife/agent Denise Mitchell.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Trainer Mike Mitchell will undergo surgery June 29 to remove a brain tumor that was diagnosed early this week.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death