Prominent Southern California conditioner Mike Mitchell, who underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor in June 2012, has died at the age of 66.
Veteran Jockey Gallyn Mitchell is recuperating from a heart attack suffered Monday, April 22, at his home near Enumclaw, Wash. Mitchell remains at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
Jockey Gallyn Mitchell, who was injured in a spill last week at Turf Paradise, hopes resume riding within a couple weeks, according to his wife/agent Denise Mitchell.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Trainer Mike Mitchell will undergo surgery June 29 to remove a brain tumor that was diagnosed early this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality