Prominent Southern California conditioner Mike Mitchell, who underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor in June 2012, has died at the age of 66.
Veteran Jockey Gallyn Mitchell is recuperating from a heart attack suffered Monday, April 22, at his home near Enumclaw, Wash. Mitchell remains at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
Jockey Gallyn Mitchell, who was injured in a spill last week at Turf Paradise, hopes resume riding within a couple weeks, according to his wife/agent Denise Mitchell.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Trainer Mike Mitchell will undergo surgery June 29 to remove a brain tumor that was diagnosed early this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Whistling Past the Graveyard
- Woodbine Set for 2015 WEGCares Initiaitive
- Saratoga Race Meet Highlights 2015