Three juveniles from the same consignment sped a furlong in :09 4/5, the fastest time at the under tack preview for the Barretts Sales & Racing May sale of 2-year-olds in training May 9.
Odds-on favorite Fast Parade showed no ill effects from a disappointing trip to Hong Kong in December when he won his sixth straight sprint race Wednesday, dominating Santa Anita's $77,500 Impressive Luck Handicap at 6 ½ furlongs over the track's unique downhill grass layout.
Favored Fast Parade rallied from just off the pace to win Sunday's $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) for turf sprinters at Woodbine.
Willie the Cat, ridden by jockey Ricky Frazier, went wire-to-wire to win the $40,000 Seattle Handicap Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Willie The Cat opened up the new season of racing at Emerald Downs in style on Friday night by matching the 5 ½-furlong world record time of 1:01 1/5.
Homestretch Farm's locally based Washington-bred Edneator earned his third career victory by setting a blazing early pace and holding on to win the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths over 2-1 favorite Big Ten Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award