The barn area at Delaware Park continues to fill up in anticipation of the track's May 21 opening day, and some trainers will have horses there for the first time or have returned after an absence.
Grade III winner Cinco Charlie and local standout Galiana won two of the four Delaware Certified stakes on Owner's Day at Delaware Park Sept. 13.
Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association said April 10 they have signed a contract for 2013 for 81 days of racing, down from the originally scheduled 100 days.
Delaware Park plans to race from May 18-Nov. 9 this year but, as was the case in 2012, the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission approved the dates even though a contract with horsemen isn't in place.
The $1-million guaranteed Delaware Handicap (gr. II) highlights a $5.3-million stakes program at Delaware Park in 2008. The 136-day meet runs from April 19-Nov. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1