Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill said he will drop his appeal of a 45-day suspension in California stemming from a carbon dioxide overage in one of his horses in 2010 and will serve the suspension Aug. 19-Sept. 27.
Clair W. Burgener, who served on the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club board of directors starting in 1986, died Sept. 9 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
The Del Mar turf course will have a new type of Bermuda grass created by champion golfer Greg Norman when it opens for its 43-day meet July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- 'Champagne' Seeks Del Mar Double in Debutante
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Next Step for Undefeated Three Rules
- Sweet Loretta Aims for Grade I in Spinaway
- Made You Look Finds Way in With Anticipation
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record