Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill said he will drop his appeal of a 45-day suspension in California stemming from a carbon dioxide overage in one of his horses in 2010 and will serve the suspension Aug. 19-Sept. 27.
Clair W. Burgener, who served on the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club board of directors starting in 1986, died Sept. 9 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
The Del Mar turf course will have a new type of Bermuda grass created by champion golfer Greg Norman when it opens for its 43-day meet July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail