Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill said he will drop his appeal of a 45-day suspension in California stemming from a carbon dioxide overage in one of his horses in 2010 and will serve the suspension Aug. 19-Sept. 27.
Clair W. Burgener, who served on the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club board of directors starting in 1986, died Sept. 9 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
The Del Mar turf course will have a new type of Bermuda grass created by champion golfer Greg Norman when it opens for its 43-day meet July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another