Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Doug O'Neill said he will drop his appeal of a 45-day suspension in California stemming from a carbon dioxide overage in one of his horses in 2010 and will serve the suspension Aug. 19-Sept. 27.
Clair W. Burgener, who served on the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club board of directors starting in 1986, died Sept. 9 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
The Del Mar turf course will have a new type of Bermuda grass created by champion golfer Greg Norman when it opens for its 43-day meet July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby